This is my go to breakfast dish. To accompany it a squeeze two oranges and have some fresh coffee with real honey. A great start to the day.
- 100 gm pumpkin seed
- 100 gm sunflower seed
- 400 gm almonds
- 200 gm walnuts
- 150 gm sesame seeds
- 75 gm pecans
- 50 gm Brazil nuts
- 75 gm Milled flaxseed
- 25 g Chia seed
- 75 g Honey
- 100 g Coconut oil
- 75 g Maple syrup
- Heat oven to 180 C, and prepare a large baking tray and use baking paper to line it.
- Chop all the dry ingredients into smallish pieces (there is no need to chop the chia, sesame, sunflower or pumpkin seeds) and put into a large bowl.
- Put the coconut oil, honey, maple syrup and salt into a microwave proof dish and melt the coconut oil. Be careful it doesn't overheat. If there are any pieces of coconut oil undissolved, stir until they do. Make sure the salt is fully dissolved.
- Pour over the dry ingredients and stir completely.
- Once fully mixed pour onto the baking sheet and put into the oven.
- This is a delicate stage and every time the mix takes a different time to roast. Set timer for 10 minutes and stir the mix. Then check every 5 minutes and be careful not to burn. 20 minutes is usually enough.
- I usually eat this with homemade almond yogurt, raisins, pollen and some maple syrup.